Is Dental Bonding a Good Fit?
Dental bonding is a process where we first apply a tooth-colored resin (durable plastic) material to your tooth. Then, we harden the material using a special light to bond the resin to your tooth.
Because of its versatile application, we use it as an option for a number of different dental treatments, including:
- Fill cavities
- Repair chipped or cracked teeth
- Improve the appearance of discolored teeth when traditional teeth whitening techniques don’t work
- Close spaces between teeth
- Make change the shape of teeth, making them look bigger or longer
- Protect the root of a tooth exposed by receding gums
Dental bonding of a single tooth can take about 30 minutes to an hour and typically requires no anesthesia. However, if we are using it to fill a cavity where drilling is required, anesthesia is recommended.