Are You Overdue for a Teeth Cleaning?
A professional teeth cleaning twice a year can help improve your dental health and gives Dr. Murphy the opportunity to check your mouth and teeth for any problem areas that could impact your health.
During a teeth cleaning appointment, Dr. Murphy or one of our hygienists will:
- Review and update your medical history
- Screen your mouth for oral cancer
- Check your biting, chewing, and swallowing patterns
- Take digital dental X-rays or examine your teeth to look for cavities
- Remove plaque and tartar from your teeth
- Polish your teeth
- Evaluate your gum health
- Clean and adjust your dentures or partial dentures (if you have them)
- Make recommendations for additional treatments or suggestions for home health care to keep your teeth and mouth healthy
For children, we may also apply fluoride and sealants to protect their teeth and keep them strong.