Opt for a Brighter Smile
Teeth whitening removes stains and discoloration from your teeth and is an easy way to improve their appearance and your smile.
A number of things determine the color of your teeth including the:
- Thickness of the enamel on your teeth
- Color of the dentin underneath the enamel
- Your age (as you get older, your enamel gets thinner and the dentin in your teeth gets darker)
- What you eat and drink
- Whether you smoke
- Overall oral hygiene
Teeth whitening helps to remove stains and whiten the enamel to give your teeth a brighter appearance.
If you choose to whiten your teeth, we will make custom whitening trays for you that you will fill with whitening gel we provide. By wearing these trays for 15-20 minutes each day, you should be able to reach the whiteness you desire in a week or two.
After teeth whitening, there are a few steps you can take to help maintain your whiter, brighter smile including:
- Being cognizant of how often you’re consuming stain-causing foods and beverages like coffee, tea, wine, and tomato sauce
- Drinking from a straw to keep stain-causing dyes away from your teeth
- Eliminating tobacco which can cause teeth to become discolored